Peace Makers Krew
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Peace Makers Krew

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  WebSiteWebSite  Log in  

How do we read the words of God ( Bible )

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Noëlito
Trillingual
Trillingual
Noëlito

Number of posts : 189
Registration date : 2006-08-17

How do we read the words of God ( Bible ) Empty
PostSubject: How do we read the words of God ( Bible )   How do we read the words of God ( Bible ) EmptyWed 22 Nov - 19:48

Hello every body,

I am sure you say " Noelito ask always questions ?". I will answer yes because i like to know more about people, more about me and more about GOD. So i have a new question, hihihi :

How do we read or studie the bible ?

When i was in united states i use to read the bible all the way from the begining to the end. I thought it was the best way to know really all the stories. Well it was so good until ' Leviticus ' Crying or Very sad . I will say Leviticus it's not very interesting for me now and i had never finished. ( But i will Very Happy ).

Now I love to take the bible and open any where and just find the words that i will need for the day. The verse who will give me strengh and peace for leave home and be with people in the street. I love this so much and it work so good. I like to studie verses when i feel like: not understanding and after it become clear and easier for me.

What about you guys ?

See you
Back to top Go down
Noëlito
Trillingual
Trillingual
Noëlito

PostSubject: Re: How do we read the words of God ( Bible )   How do we read the words of God ( Bible ) EmptySun 26 Nov - 21:01

Ok thanks anyway !!!
See you soon
Back to top Go down
Jérôme
User
Jérôme

Number of posts : 407
Registration date : 2006-08-03

PostSubject: Re: How do we read the words of God ( Bible )   How do we read the words of God ( Bible ) EmptySun 26 Nov - 23:39

Your questions are very important ones, and it's interesting to share about it.
For myself it's important to read the whole book in order, to have a vision of the complete history.

I also read it by topics. For instance I have many daily readings books and calendars that I'm going in all the day long. I start in the morning with one book, and when I come back from work I read the verse in the calendar. Before going to bed I can read another verse in another book, with the meaning the author gives to it. I use to read the corresponding verse in my Bible each time to see the context.

"But Even more blessed are all who hear the word of God and put it into practice."
Luke 11.28
Back to top Go down
http://thekrew.free.fr/pages/0.html
Noémie
International User
International User
Noémie

Number of posts : 33
Registration date : 2006-08-18

PostSubject: Re: How do we read the words of God ( Bible )   How do we read the words of God ( Bible ) EmptyMon 27 Nov - 10:26

Hi people!

Well Noël, that's right, you ask a lot of questions! But they're good ones so that's not bad at all.
How do you pray, how do you read the Bilble, well I think the way we read the Bible is up to anybody. The goal of readining the Bible is also to understand it!

For myself, I like to open it on "random" and see what is talking to me. I like that "oups" of falling on the word I just needed at that moment.
But also I like to have several books to guide me in the reading, with a story, and a meaning.
In general, when I'm not sure about a passage, or I dont' understand it,it makes me feel bad. I like to talk about it to somebody, epecially my dad. He has a certain wisdom and he helps me understand things. Well, he is not superman, but just to talk about the Word is good to understand it. Beside, I like to read a book of the Bible from the beginning to the end to see the whole story and all the details.
To study chapters by chapters is something I just began, and I began by the end! At that moment I'm studying on Revelation.

Blessings to all
Back to top Go down
Jérôme
User
Jérôme

PostSubject: Re: How do we read the words of God ( Bible )   How do we read the words of God ( Bible ) EmptyMon 27 Nov - 13:08

Well, I thought to you this morning guys, because I found out this verse:

"The grass withers, and the flowers fade, but the word of our God stands forever."
Isaiah 40.8
Back to top Go down
Noëlito
Trillingual
Trillingual
Noëlito

PostSubject: Re: How do we read the words of God ( Bible )   How do we read the words of God ( Bible ) EmptySat 13 Jan - 10:27

Thanks Sam...
Back to top Go down
Jérôme
User
Jérôme

PostSubject: Re: How do we read the words of God ( Bible )   How do we read the words of God ( Bible ) EmptySat 13 Jan - 13:48

Why?
Back to top Go down
Sam
International User
International User
Sam

Number of posts : 66

PostSubject: Re: How do we read the words of God ( Bible )   How do we read the words of God ( Bible ) EmptySun 14 Jan - 22:26

Why not?
Back to top Go down
http://perso.orange.fr/gdj-belfort
Noëlito
Trillingual
Trillingual
Noëlito

PostSubject: Re: How do we read the words of God ( Bible )   How do we read the words of God ( Bible ) EmptyMon 15 Jan - 9:13

Yes, why not !!!
Back to top Go down
Sam
International User
International User
Sam

PostSubject: Re: How do we read the words of God ( Bible )   How do we read the words of God ( Bible ) EmptyTue 16 Jan - 9:07

Noel, Since the first January, I haven't news of you. Where are you? What do you do? How is your formation?
See you
Back to top Go down
Noëlito
Trillingual
Trillingual
Noëlito

PostSubject: Re: How do we read the words of God ( Bible )   How do we read the words of God ( Bible ) EmptyThu 18 Jan - 19:12

I am on my yacht near to Brazil with my futur wife !!! Why ?
Back to top Go down
Sam
International User
International User
Sam

PostSubject: Re: How do we read the words of God ( Bible )   How do we read the words of God ( Bible ) EmptyThu 18 Jan - 21:49

Why??? To know, dear friend, to know...
Back to top Go down
Noémie
International User
International User
Noémie

Number of posts : 33
Registration date : 2006-08-18

PostSubject: How do we read the words of God (Bible)   How do we read the words of God ( Bible ) EmptyThu 18 Jan - 23:45

How do we read the words of God?

I would like to say that i recieve for Christmas a present of my grand-ma. It's a little book with a verse for every day end a topic for every week. I really love it!!! It helps to go on a topic and to study a little about it.

It's name is Hidded treasures (trésors cachés in french). And that's right, a lot of treasures are hidded in the Bible, and to study about it helps to see them better.

Be a blessing to people! and be blessed in the name of Jesus

Noémie
Back to top Go down
Noëlito
Trillingual
Trillingual
Noëlito

PostSubject: Re: How do we read the words of God ( Bible )   How do we read the words of God ( Bible ) EmptyFri 19 Jan - 9:41

Well Noémie i know that,

This christmas i received a helpful book from my grand ma almost in law ( i know it's complicate )
but it's very helpfull to me and very interesting to read because there is lots of hidded treasures too. I like to read this book in the morning but i still like to open the Bible and read in the evening...
Back to top Go down
fady005
Trillingual
Trillingual
fady005

Number of posts : 198
Registration date : 2006-08-10

PostSubject: Lecture de la bible   How do we read the words of God ( Bible ) EmptyTue 30 Jan - 0:00

Je lis la bible du début jusqu'à la fin... très lentement parce que ça fait à peu près 3 ans que j'ai commencé et je suis maintenant en Esaïe... mais je pense qu'il ne faut pas arrêter... Et je peux dire que même en lisant comme ça, à chaque fois que je lis j'ai des versets qui me parle et qui s'applique à ma situation !
Et puis si je trouve un verset sur un calendrier chrétien ou par un ami et que je en savoir plus, ça m'arrive de lire le passage pour bien situer les idées. Parce qu'il y a beaucoup de versets qui prennent un sens différent quand ils sont retirés de leur contexte.
Voilà pour moi...
--- @
I read the bible from the beginning till the end... very slowly because I started almost 3 years ago and I'm now at Isaïe... but I think that we shouldn't stop... And I can say that even by reading like this, everytime I read I have verses that spoke to me and that match my situation !
Also if I find a verse on a christian calendar or by a friend and I want to know more about it, it happens that I read the passage to get the whole picture. Because there is a lot of verses that take a different meaning when they aren't in their context.
That's for me ...
Back to top Go down
http://www.geocities.com/fady002
Noëlito
Trillingual
Trillingual
Noëlito

PostSubject: Re: How do we read the words of God ( Bible )   How do we read the words of God ( Bible ) EmptyTue 30 Jan - 0:04

Thank you Fady, i hope i will meet you soon !!!
Back to top Go down
fady005
Trillingual
Trillingual
fady005

Number of posts : 198
Registration date : 2006-08-10

PostSubject: Hihihi   How do we read the words of God ( Bible ) EmptyTue 30 Jan - 0:09

Moi aussi je suis impatient de te rencontrer ! bounce
Jusqu'à cet instant je resterais le Fady du forum. mdr
--- Razz
Me too I'm impatient to meet you ! bounce
Till that time I'll be the Fady of the forum lol
Back to top Go down
http://www.geocities.com/fady002
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How do we read the words of God ( Bible )   How do we read the words of God ( Bible ) Empty

Back to top Go down

How do we read the words of God ( Bible )
Page 1 of 1