Peace Makers Krew
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Peace Makers Krew

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  WebSiteWebSite  Log in  

Alsace ( not part of France )

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Noëlito
Trillingual
Trillingual
Noëlito

Number of posts : 189
Registration date : 2006-08-17

Alsace ( not part of France ) Empty
PostSubject: Alsace ( not part of France )   Alsace ( not part of France ) EmptyTue 5 Dec - 22:10

Hello every body,

I will tell you about my country " L'Alsace ". It's the name of a country you won't find in the dictionnary because it's kind of part of France but not really, well it's complicate.

Alsace is a beautiful country with a big rivier: the Rhein, big mountain : les Vosges and 2 departements : Haut Rhein and Bas Rhein. Alsace is famous for his good vine, good bred, good cheese and for his "Cigogne" that is a bird black and white with a orange mouth and orange legs.

We have 3 big city, Strasbourg, Colmar and Mulhouse. The particularuty of Alsace is that we reiceve only 500 millimeters of water per year and that is not a lot when the rest of France receive more than 1000 millimeters.

Alsace is beautiful and i hope you will visit me one time.
See you
Back to top Go down
Jérôme
User
Jérôme

Number of posts : 407
Registration date : 2006-08-03

PostSubject: Re: Alsace ( not part of France )   Alsace ( not part of France ) EmptyTue 5 Dec - 23:20

Yes, Alsace is beautiful.

This province started to pass from Germany to France domination in 1648. In 1871, by the "Frankfurt treaty" turns German again, exept for Belfort and the Lorraine.
In 1919, after the fisrt World War, the place is French again. But to 1940 to 1944, is under Nazi occupation, then the German is the only allowed language, and the people is ordered to change their French names for German ones. After the war the territory becomes French again until today.

The Alsace has known many major shifts, especially for the people (farmers) who use to live there. His history is full of painful and glorious moments.
Today still remain a particulary culture, and still is one of the most cultivated land in France. The local dialect is a mixt of German and French called "The Alsacian".

The white bird Noèl mention you can find in several places in Europe,
also in North Asia, South Africa, and India, during its migration. Its English name is a "stork". It sometimes makes its nest on the house's chimney.

Alsace ( not part of France ) Cigognenz0
The stork
Back to top Go down
http://thekrew.free.fr/pages/0.html
Noëlito
Trillingual
Trillingual
Noëlito

PostSubject: Re: Alsace ( not part of France )   Alsace ( not part of France ) EmptyWed 6 Dec - 0:08

Well thank you Jerome for help me.
see you
Back to top Go down
Noëlito
Trillingual
Trillingual
Noëlito

PostSubject: Re: Alsace ( not part of France )   Alsace ( not part of France ) EmptyThu 8 Feb - 20:55

Hello,

I forgot something, i just wanted to talk about "The Alsace Men's Choir sing Christmas" ( 150 men's). I hope for the people who had the chance to listen it, that they loved it. I am saying that because end of this year we are coming back. I am glad for this because it's a honor to sing in this choir for the Glory of God. So be ready to hear more about this choir.

See you
Back to top Go down
fady005
Trillingual
Trillingual
fady005

Number of posts : 198
Registration date : 2006-08-10

PostSubject: Re: Alsace ( not part of France )   Alsace ( not part of France ) EmptySat 10 Feb - 6:22

Hey, C'est une bonne nouvelle ça ! Tu pourra nous faire un concert en privée alors... mdr
Si tu as un enregistrement du précédent concert on pourrait faire écouter à ceux qui n'y sont pas allés...
--- cheers
Hey, It's a good news ! You can do a private concerto for us then... lol
If you have a recording of the last concerto we could share with those who wasn't there...

Last edited by on Tue 13 Feb - 2:14; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.geocities.com/fady002
Noëlito
Trillingual
Trillingual
Noëlito

PostSubject: Re: Alsace ( not part of France )   Alsace ( not part of France ) EmptyMon 12 Feb - 20:57

Soon for the CD !!!
Back to top Go down
Lulul
Bilingual
Bilingual

Number of posts : 23
Registration date : 2007-02-25

PostSubject: Re: Alsace ( not part of France )   Alsace ( not part of France ) EmptyFri 2 Mar - 0:50

My pastor, my daddy and some others guys from my church sing in this choir.

You forgot to say that for christmas time we have some christmas market really lovely and really interessting, you can have this market in all city and town in Alsace....
Back to top Go down
Jérôme
User
Jérôme

Number of posts : 407
Registration date : 2006-08-03

PostSubject: Re: Alsace ( not part of France )   Alsace ( not part of France ) EmptyFri 2 Mar - 0:54

Back to top Go down
http://thekrew.free.fr/pages/0.html
Noëlito
Trillingual
Trillingual
Noëlito

PostSubject: Re: Alsace ( not part of France )   Alsace ( not part of France ) EmptyFri 2 Mar - 9:20

Yes lulul I forgot those things but you know like i know that there are so much stuff about Alsace that we could not tell every things.
For the Christmas Market you are right.
See you
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Alsace ( not part of France )   Alsace ( not part of France ) Empty

Back to top Go down

Alsace ( not part of France )
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Peace Makers Krew :: CHATING :: Your country-
Jump to: