Peace Makers Krew
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Peace Makers Krew

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  WebSiteWebSite  Log in  

Prayers time

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Noëlito
Trillingual
Trillingual
Noëlito

Number of posts : 189
Registration date : 2006-08-17

Prayers time Empty
PostSubject: Prayers time   Prayers time EmptySat 11 Nov - 21:19

Hello every body,

I have something very important to ask you. Well, yesterday after talking with Noémie, i had my time with God. I prayed, I read the Bible and i prayed again.

My question is ( if you want to share with me ): How do you do ? When do you pray ? With who ? About what ? Do you talk a loud ? How do you do remember all the subjects ?

Thank you
Back to top Go down
Manja
New
New

Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2006-10-06

Prayers time Empty
PostSubject: Praying   Prayers time EmptySun 12 Nov - 23:15

Hey Noël,
those are interesting questions,I think.I am always surprised how many different ways of praying there are when I pray with other people.
I guess everybody has its own style.
For me, it's always different.I pray whenever wherever.Sometimes I'm on the bus and I pray for the person in the ambulance that's just passing by.
Sometimes I pray aloud, I pray in English, German or In French if I am able to and sometimes it's all screwed up and I mix up all the languages.I guess God has to have a lot of humor. Smile
Most of the times I don't think about what I wanna pray for, I just start with something and I believe that all the things I am supposed to be praying for come to my mind.And sometimes I even pray that God would remind me to keep on praying for something or somebody.
There's also a bible verse that refers to that subject.It's in Romans 8,26f.
Sorry,I don't have my English Bible with me right now.
"De même,l'Esprit Saint aussi vient nous aider,nous qui sommes faibles.
Car nous ne savons pas prier comme il faut;mais l'Esprit lui-même prie Dieu pour nous avec des gémissements qu'on ne peut pas exprimer par des paroles.
Et Dieu qui voit dans les coeurs comprend ce que l'Esprit Saint veut demander, car l'Esprit prie pour ceux qui appartiennent à Dieu, comme Dieu le désire."

It has even happened before that I woke up in the middle of the night praying for a friend or sth. like that.
One day I decided to start a book where I write down my prayer requests and how everything turned out.
That has helped me a lot,cause sometimes life just seems to get from bad to worse and I start doubting a lot of things, so i take a look at the book and I can see all the great things that God has already done for me.
What's your experience,guys?
Peace be with you
Manja
Back to top Go down
Jérôme
User
Jérôme

Number of posts : 407
Registration date : 2006-08-03

Prayers time Empty
PostSubject: Re: Prayers time   Prayers time EmptySun 12 Nov - 23:23

Roman 8.26 & 27:

"And the Holy Spirit helps us in our distress. For we don't even know what we should pray for, nor how we should pray. But the holy Spirit prays for us with groanings that cannot be expressed in words.
And the Father who knows all hearts knows what the Spirit is saying, for the Spirit pleads for us believers in harmony with God's own will"
Back to top Go down
http://thekrew.free.fr/pages/0.html
Noëlito
Trillingual
Trillingual
Noëlito

Prayers time Empty
PostSubject: Re: Prayers time   Prayers time EmptyMon 13 Nov - 0:25

Hello guys, Hi Manja,

On first thank you to share this with us. I am hoping that every body on this forum will participate to this topis who is important for eatch one of us.

For me it's kind of the same than Manja. I pray all the time, when i am walking, thinking, travelling, looking the landscape even if i am almost sleeping. I pray for every things. Those are prayers when i am in the moon, i don't know this expression in english.
I do have special time to, for and with God in the evening or morning. Those prayers are very important and it seems that if i pass a day or if I don't want to have this time, in my heart i fill not good.
I pray alot of time alone but sometimes with my girlfriend, the youth group or my pastor.
It's not easy to pray with some body else but i know that i will pray and share more.
Some times i pray in english but most of the time it's in french or the mix of both... I think, that God is sometimes like that Very Happy .
Well come and share with us.
Back to top Go down
Noémie
International User
International User
Noémie

Number of posts : 33
Registration date : 2006-08-18

Prayers time Empty
PostSubject: Re: Prayers time   Prayers time EmptyTue 14 Nov - 1:01

Hello brothers and sisters,

About prayers, I don't pray the same way everytime. Sometimes I don't pray to ask, I just worship in prayers and while the words come out, I'm smiling, it feels so great to worship and praise in prayers. It is what I prefere!

Sometimes, while I'm praying, I cry so much, and those times I wish I could be alone, lost in the middle of nowhere, just to cry to God and to cry out my prayer, to let all the emotion go. It feels good to cry to God, for He is the only one to wipe our tears with that love He gives.

When I pray silently,I get a lot distracted by things around me, and it helps to pray loud or wisper a prayer, it helps to keep "in". And I like when lots of people pray in the same time. In our culture in Switzerland, it is not much like that, we pray silently, and one after an other, we pray a loud prayer. But I like when everybody pray in the same time. Because I remember when I was younger, I allways looked around and try to find out who was praying now. I'm not proud of that!
Now I know the prayers are not a question of how beautiful and how great words we use, but it's a question of heart, and no one is to judge. Pray for God, and not for "what would they think if I say that that way".

Pray and believe! God is listening!!!
Back to top Go down
Jérôme
User
Jérôme

Number of posts : 407
Registration date : 2006-08-03

Prayers time Empty
PostSubject: Re: Prayers time   Prayers time EmptyWed 15 Nov - 22:46

In the book "At His Feet", with daily devotion, I red the 11 November's page one week ago.
The story was about this lady who suffered all her life, and get to touche Jesus' fringe clothes to be heal. This is Mark 5:21-34.
It's all about this woman's faith, and the parallel is make with our prayers. When we pray do we really think to touch Jesus?

Two days before, the 9th, it is stated:
"Pray as if everything depended on your prayer." William Booth
It is so true, that gave me new strenght.

Ephesians 6.18:
"Pray at all times and on every occasion in the power of the Holy Spirit. Stay alert and be persistant in your prayers for all Christians everywhere."
Back to top Go down
http://thekrew.free.fr/pages/0.html
Noëlito
Trillingual
Trillingual
Noëlito

Prayers time Empty
PostSubject: Re: Prayers time   Prayers time EmptySat 13 Jan - 10:28

Thanks Sam...
Back to top Go down
fady005
Trillingual
Trillingual
fady005

Number of posts : 198
Registration date : 2006-08-10

Prayers time Empty
PostSubject: Pray   Prayers time EmptyTue 30 Jan - 1:34

Moi aussi je prie à n'importe quel moment de la journée ! Dès que j'ai quelque chose à lui demander ou pour le remercier, je le fait directement parce que je sais qu'il m'entend !
Aussi J'aime bien prier après un chant, avant la lecture de la bible et après. J'aime aussi prier tous ensemble comme a dit Noémie mais personnellement je préfère les prières individuelles parce qu'on peut mieux s'exprimer et on peut penser au sens de la prière.
J'ai des amis qui n'aime pas partager leur prière à haute voix et préfèrent la garder entre eux et Dieu. Pourquoi pas ? Moi aussi parfois je préfère prier à basse voix et parfois à haute voix... En chantant aussi...
---
I like praying at anytime of the day too ! As soon as I've something to ask him or to thanks him, I do it directly because I know that he's hearing me !
I like praying after a canto, before the bible lecture and after. I like also praying all together like Noemie said I personally prefer the individual prayers because we can express ourselves better and we can think about the meaning of the prayer.
I have friends that don't like to share their prayers loudly end prefers to keep it between them and God. Why not ? I prefer sometimes pray on low voiceand sometimes loudly... While singing too...
Back to top Go down
http://www.geocities.com/fady002
Noëlito
Trillingual
Trillingual
Noëlito

Prayers time Empty
PostSubject: Re: Prayers time   Prayers time EmptySat 3 Feb - 21:06

Thanks to all of you guys for sharing with me !!!
Back to top Go down
fady005
Trillingual
Trillingual
fady005

Prayers time Empty
PostSubject: Re: Prayers time   Prayers time EmptySun 4 Feb - 3:18

Merci Sam surtout... mdr
lol! --- cheers
Thanks Sam especially... lol
Back to top Go down
http://www.geocities.com/fady002
Noëlito
Trillingual
Trillingual
Noëlito

Prayers time Empty
PostSubject: Re: Prayers time   Prayers time EmptyMon 5 Feb - 9:33

Sam told me what he thought about this topic but he prefered give this letter by e-mail, i understand him and respect his choice !!!
Have a nice day
Back to top Go down
fady005
Trillingual
Trillingual
fady005

Prayers time Empty
PostSubject: Re: Prayers time   Prayers time EmptyMon 5 Feb - 13:07

D'accord. Alors vraiment merci Sam !
--- geek