Peace Makers Krew
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Peace Makers Krew

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  WebSiteWebSite  Log in  

How God did forgive

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Jérôme
User
Jérôme

Number of posts : 407
Registration date : 2006-08-03

How God did forgive Empty
PostSubject: How God did forgive   How God did forgive EmptyTue 25 Sep - 20:06

Why God had to send his son to die on the cross to forgive our sins?
Why didn't He just forget about our sin in His powerful love?

Each acts, and things, have a cost. This was the cost of our sin. Take this example:

"A father has a daughter that he love with all his heart, she goes to school and doesn't work to earn her living. One day he lends her his car, but this same day, on her way, she goes right into the wall and destroy her dad's vehicle.
Since he his her dad, he will go to see her and say "I forgive you, your my daughter and I love you".

Now think, who will have to pay for the car, and for the wall, and the insurance?"...

There is always a price going along with forgiveness. For instance someone insult you, and you forgive him, who bear the insult?

God forgave us, and this is why he had to pay this price. It reminds me Tim Hughes' song "Here I am to worship":

"I'll never know, how much it cost
to see my sin upon that cross".
Back to top Go down
http://thekrew.free.fr/pages/0.html
Jérôme
User
Jérôme

PostSubject: Re: How God did forgive   How God did forgive EmptyTue 25 Sep - 23:31

I red recently this great example, I cannot keep it just for me, I believe it is a true story:

"To understand what Jesus did for us on the cross:

One day in California, a young lady was stopped by the police for driving to fast on the road. She got fined and had to go on trial before judges. The judge red the ticket with the fact that she drove up the limits and asked:

- Guilty or not guilty?

The young lady answered:
-Guilty

The judge knock his hammer down and said the verdict: The girl had to pay 100 dollars or to spend 10 days in jail.

Then... The judge stood up, took off his judge robe, went before the court, take his wallet, and paid the fine.

Why? The judge was her father. He loved his daughter, but he was an impartial judge. His daughter broke the law, and as an honest judge he was not able to forgive just because it was his daughter, in that case law wouldn't have been respected.
But he loved his daughter so much that he took off hid judge clothe to get down and be face to the court, in the role of the father, to pay the fine.

This illustration tells us in some way what God did through Jesus Christ."

God is love, he loved us so much that he went down from the sky to earth, took the human being form with Jesus, and paid the price for us. This price was to die on the cross.
Back to top Go down
Jérôme
User
Jérôme

PostSubject: Re: How God did forgive   How God did forgive EmptyWed 26 Sep - 12:05

Isaiah 53:6

"All we like sheep have gone astray; we have turned every one to his own way; and the LORD hath laid on him the iniquity of us all."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How God did forgive   How God did forgive Empty

Back to top Go down

How God did forgive
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Peace Makers Krew :: CHATING :: Christian Life-
Jump to: