Peace Makers Krew
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Peace Makers Krew

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  WebSiteWebSite  Log in  

Charity

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Jérôme
User
Jérôme

Number of posts : 407
Registration date : 2006-08-03

Charity Empty
PostSubject: Charity   Charity EmptyWed 1 Aug - 20:28

I am curious on the people's opinion about that point.

If you red the Weekly Inspiration, you probably took a little time on these verses:

"Whenever you are able,
do good to people who need help."

"But when you give to the needy, do not let your left hand know what your right hand is doing"

"It's criminal to ignore a neighbor in need,
but compassion for the poor—what a blessing!"

What is your feeling about charity? what do you think of talking about?

Last edited by on Fri 3 Aug - 13:50; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://thekrew.free.fr/pages/0.html
Jérôme
User
Jérôme

Number of posts : 407
Registration date : 2006-08-03

Charity Empty
PostSubject: Re: Charity   Charity EmptyWed 1 Aug - 20:46

When we see someone in need beside us, what do we think?

Is that not our first reaction to judge if a man situation is worthy of help, or do we go to give something because our heart tells us to do so?
Do we think "What this man; this organization, is going to do with my help?"? Or do we just try to do something, knowing that his/its situation will not change anyway?

I sometimes even think "that's a way of life that some people choose, they have to assume this choice", so what is a poor though, if I decide for them when they have to be hungry. It's kind of choosing who is worthy of help, but I don't think this is what the Bible tells us.
Also we can help in many ways, looking at someone in the eyes, or saying something, will create respect (probably one of the things that homeless really need at first).
Prayers are even more needed, to ask God to answer their needs, especially for Him to heal them as they can come back to life.
Back to top Go down
http://thekrew.free.fr/pages/0.html
fady005
Trillingual
Trillingual
fady005

Number of posts : 198
Registration date : 2006-08-10

Charity Empty
PostSubject: Re: Charity   Charity EmptyThu 13 Sep - 1:29

What you are saying here is true ! In lebanon, some people used to saying "God help you" for the beggars... But do they really mean it ? God only know...
For my personal experience, let God guide us in our help for those people. I once gave a restoring ticket to a beggar in a metro of Paris and I was happy to see that it helped him because he looked happier. Another time I found a female beggar that was begging for milk for her kids and when I told her let's go buy it she wanted to buy the most expensive plus food, plus meat,...
What I'm trying to say, let us not be fooled by appearance but let God guide our actions !
---
Ce que tu dit est vrai ! Au liban, quelques personnes se sont habituées à dire aux mendiants "Que dieu t'aide"... Mais le pense-t-ils vraiment ? Dieu seul sait...
Pour mon expérience personnelle, que Dieu nous guide dans notre aide à ces gens. J'ai donné une fois un ticket de restaurant à un mendiant à Paris et j'était content de voir que celà l'avait aidé parce qu'il était plus joyeux. Une autre fois, une mendiante demandait qu'on l'aide à acheter du lait pour ses enfants et quand je lui ai dit allons en acheter, elle a voulu prendre le plus cher et de la nourriture et de la viande, ...
Ce que j'essaie de dire, ne soyons pas dupé par les apparences mais laissons Dieu agir dans nos actions.
Back to top Go down
http://www.geocities.com/fady002
Sponsored content

Charity Empty
PostSubject: Re: Charity   Charity Empty

Back to top Go down

Charity
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Peace Makers Krew :: CHATING :: Christian Life-
Jump to: