Peace Makers Krew
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Peace Makers Krew

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  WebSiteWebSite  Log in  

Seiha's and Pisit's Wedding / Cambodia

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Jérôme
User
Jérôme

Number of posts : 407
Registration date : 2006-08-03

Seiha's and Pisit's Wedding / Cambodia Empty
PostSubject: Seiha's and Pisit's Wedding / Cambodia   Seiha's and Pisit's Wedding / Cambodia EmptySat 19 Aug - 12:38

Organisation...

For the people:
Debbie, Mai, Irene from Thailand, Sina, Aoum, Thanongchai, Souk, and maybe Sarah. That's all I know for now.

The plan is to buy our tickets as the same time, as the Europeans can travel together, but I don't know when I want to fly yet...
Nothing is in a hurry actually, it's to start to talk about it.

For myself I will do my best to be ready by the beginning of November because the fly ticket's price will be cheaper the earlyest we take care of it. So, so... Soksaby!

Last edited by on Tue 12 Dec - 14:06; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://thekrew.free.fr/pages/0.html
Jérôme
User
Jérôme

PostSubject: Re: Seiha's and Pisit's Wedding / Cambodia   Seiha's and Pisit's Wedding / Cambodia EmptyTue 26 Sep - 7:22

Ok people, move on, it's coming soon!

To make you wait two pictures:

Seiha's and Pisit's Wedding / Cambodia Pullingriceplant1fw6

Seiha's and Pisit's Wedding / Cambodia Pullingriceplantag9

"The 2 pictures i attached to you are from my study trip with Laostian people. i always want to experience planting the rice and now i did it. it was reallly fun!
I've been working on my wedding and soon i'll send out the invitation to you guys. but make sure you note this date in your calendar January 13th:-) "
(This note comes from an e mail Seiha sent me)

Last edited by on Tue 21 Nov - 14:07; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Jérôme
User
Jérôme

PostSubject: Re: Seiha's and Pisit's Wedding / Cambodia   Seiha's and Pisit's Wedding / Cambodia EmptyTue 26 Sep - 7:24

We hope to see you there Leah, hope you can be released of your work that day!
Back to top Go down
Jérôme
User
Jérôme

PostSubject: Re: Seiha's and Pisit's Wedding / Cambodia   Seiha's and Pisit's Wedding / Cambodia EmptyThu 5 Oct - 15:56

Dear my dearest friends,

anyway, i want to reply your email about a trip to Cambodia. i have a good news for you guys. i talked to MCC country representative yesterday about your visiting on January and about room reservation. MCC office in Cambodia has three rooms as guesthouse, and we usually charge $5 per person per night, but there is an exception for IVEPers and their family:-) so we are going to charge you only $2 per room and per night. there are one big bed and one small bed, two fans, and a bathtub bathroom inside it too. Do not worry about the security; MCC office kinds of in the middle of the city and we also have guard to watch over the security day and night. it's very safe here. Office is on the ground floor and guest house is upstair, and there is also a living room that some people who use to sleep on the couch, can sleep there too; probably three people can sleep over there. So the total of people who can stay at MCC guest house could be between 9-12 or more if you don't mind to sleep on the floor. i'll arrange matt for you if you want to. Do not worry about a place to stay, i'll take care everything for my beloved friends. but i need to know how many people are gonna come and when to when? please let me know as soon as you could ok? i need to arrange a place for you to stay, places for you to go, the transportation in the city and outside of the city, and also for guest for my wedding as well. please if you could do it soon, i would appreciate that.

For your girlfriend, mom and grand mom in law, or even your friends are welcome to come, but as i said above that you just have to let me know the amount of people are coming and when.

and one more thing if you want to, you can let me know what you want to do. then i can plan your trip for you. i do not want to tell you this, but i guess i have too. My wedding will be on Jan.13th and the 14th will be Sina's good friends' wedding as well. so i beleive that she will be busy during that time as well. i hope you don't mind i tell you this bad news. but do not worry as long as you tell me your time of visiting here, the amount of people, and what you want to do, i'll take care everything for you ok? and i'll talk to both Sina and Tida as well about this plan. They will be helpful too.

thank you guys so much and i am looking forward to see you in Jan.
love and miss...
seiha

p.s. can anyone help me to forward this email to Sarah, Neomi and Noel because last time they mentioned that they would want to come too if it's possible. (i do not have their email address) => this my job héhé
Back to top Go down
Jérôme
User
Jérôme

PostSubject: Re: Seiha's and Pisit's Wedding / Cambodia   Seiha's and Pisit's Wedding / Cambodia EmptyFri 5 Jan - 23:36

There are some changes in the team going in Cambodia:

Sina, Tida, Souk, Air, Aoum, and I.

Unfortunately I am the only European...

I will leave on Sunday, yeah!!! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Jérôme
User
Jérôme

PostSubject: Re: Seiha's and Pisit's Wedding / Cambodia   Seiha's and Pisit's Wedding / Cambodia EmptySat 13 Jan - 13:53

Very nice ceremony, I wish everything good! Oh! Time to go to eat again, it s not over yet!
Back to top Go down
Jérôme
User
Jérôme

PostSubject: Re: Seiha's and Pisit's Wedding / Cambodia   Seiha's and Pisit's Wedding / Cambodia EmptyFri 19 Jan - 9:47

Well, it weas good for sure. Kind mixed traditional and cultural wedding. The pictures here when I'm back.
Hello to everyone!
Back to top Go down
Noëlito
Trillingual
Trillingual
Noëlito

Number of posts : 189
Registration date : 2006-08-17

PostSubject: Re: Seiha's and Pisit's Wedding / Cambodia   Seiha's and Pisit's Wedding / Cambodia EmptyFri 19 Jan - 9:55

I am waiting for the pictures !!!
Back to top Go down
Jérôme
User
Jérôme

PostSubject: Re: Seiha's and Pisit's Wedding / Cambodia   Seiha's and Pisit's Wedding / Cambodia EmptyFri 26 Jan - 13:16

It starts with the fruit parade. Each of the guests had to carry fruits, we were by two in the line, and walked to the church where we left it there:
Seiha's and Pisit's Wedding / Cambodia Ok003rd4

In the middle where the married surrounded by there family and fellows
Seiha's and Pisit's Wedding / Cambodia Ok008320x200av1

The fruits and the ceremony:
Seiha's and Pisit's Wedding / Cambodia Ok009320x200bo0

The bride and us:
Seiha's and Pisit's Wedding / Cambodia Ok011320x200cv0

Seiha's and Pisit's Wedding / Cambodia Ok017320x200yn3
Seiha's and Pisit's Wedding / Cambodia Ok022320x200xj9
Seiha's and Pisit's Wedding / Cambodia Ok027320x200et1
Seiha's and Pisit's Wedding / Cambodia Ok029320x200bj7

The evening ceremony:
Seiha's and Pisit's Wedding / Cambodia Ok035320x200ns2
Seiha's and Pisit's Wedding / Cambodia Ok037320x200ez2

This was a 4 hours traditional ceremony in the morning, including two meals. Dinner in the evening. The bride and groom wore beetween 7 and 9 different outfits!

Seiha's and Pisit's Wedding / Cambodia Ok077320x200eb4
Thanks to the sponsors!

We wish you the best in your new life, may the Lord bless you ever.

Last edited by on Thu 22 Feb - 14:05; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
fady005
Trillingual
Trillingual
fady005

Number of posts : 198
Registration date : 2006-08-10

PostSubject: Re: Seiha's and Pisit's Wedding / Cambodia   Seiha's and Pisit's Wedding / Cambodia EmptyTue 30 Jan - 1:39

Oui meilleurs voeux si vous lisez ça ! mdr
--- sunny
Yes best wishes if you read this ! lol
Back to top Go down
http://www.geocities.com/fady002
Noëlito
Trillingual
Trillingual
Noëlito

PostSubject: Re: Seiha's and Pisit's Wedding / Cambodia   Seiha's and Pisit's Wedding / Cambodia EmptySat 3 Feb - 21:03

Very nice pictures !!!
Jerome do you know the address exact where they live ?
I want to be sure of the address ( post address ).
Thank you...
Back to top Go down
Jérôme
User
Jérôme

PostSubject: Re: Seiha's and Pisit's Wedding / Cambodia   Seiha's and Pisit's Wedding / Cambodia EmptySun 4 Feb - 1:36

I will give it to you by MP.
Back to top Go down
Jérôme
User
Jérôme

PostSubject: Re: Seiha's and Pisit's Wedding / Cambodia   Seiha's and Pisit's Wedding / Cambodia EmptyTue 13 Feb - 15:12

From Seiha, the 13/02/07:

"Greeting from a hot weather in Cambodia!

It’s been a while that I haven’t written email to you, and it’s been exactly one month after my wedding.

I hope you are all doing great and enjoy everything God has given to you.

The wedding was a wonderful thing I’ve ever had in my life. It was an honor to God to have a wedding before joining life with another man. I thank God for everything he provided me and my husband on that big day. We both really enjoyed it!

It was very special and very tired!

I was supposed to get up at 3:30am on my wedding day, but I could not sleep (it was probably because I was too excited and nervous) so I got up since 2am. I was sitting for more than 2 hours for a lady to put make up on my face and made my hair look pretty.

At 7am, there was a “fruit parade” which the groom and lots and lots of guests had to walk about 100 meters away from the wedding place to the wedding place. When they arrived in front of the wedding place, I was led by my aunt holding my hand and walked out from the building to welcome the groom. When all the fruit were in the building and placed on a very nice carpet, there was a traditional song sang about all kinds of these fruit.

After this ceremony, guests could go out for a rice soup breakfast.

At 8:30am, there was another ceremony called “Cutting hair”. I, Pisit, and our bridesmaids and groomsmen sat at a round table and waiting for family, relatives, and friends came to spray perfume on our hair and say blessing wards to us. This ceremony took about one hour.

At 10am, there was another ceremony called “tie hand”. I and Pisit sat with both legs to the back and leaned forward and put both hands to the front on a pillow with our bridesmaids and groomsmen sat behind us. This one is for family, relatives, friends, and whoever wanted to bless the new couple they can come in and give some money or jewelry to the groom and bride. After people gave this blessing, they throw coconut flowers to the groom and bride (it’s kind of traditional to bless the groom and bride).

At 11:30am, it was a church ceremony. My dad walked me into the church and handed my hand to Pisit. Then we all worshiped God for two songs, and listened to the pastor share about God’s love to the new couple. Pisit and I did a communion, pray for a commitment to God and say commitment words to each other in front of everybody. Rings were worn to each other. There were a few couple came up in the front to give some advice for a marriage life. Afterward, everybody prayed for us and Pisit and I were announced to be a couple. It was a very wonderful moment! Then we had to stand in front and many people came to congratulate us.

Lunch was provided to those who were there.

Again, I had to sit about almost 2 hours for putting make up on and making new style of hair.

At 3pm, I, Pisit, and our bridesmaids and groomsmen and a few other people went to a nice place for photos taking.

We arrived at the reception at 4pm. Again, another make up and hair fixed.

Guests started to come for the evening meal at 4:30pm. I and Pisit had to stand outside the building and welcome them until 7pm. Our parents and us went inside the building and stand on the stage to say thank to every who spent their value time to come for our wedding, then walked to every single table to say thank you again. But our bridesmaids and groomsmen still had to stand outside and welcome more guests.

After said thank you to our guest, Pisit did a very very surprising thing to me by sang a lovely song called “You are the one that I love”. He sang both Khmer (Cambodian language) and English, and played keyboard at the same time. He wrote this song by himself. Lots and lots of people came up front to take photos for this special moment. I gave him a hug and kiss, and we both embraced each other afterward.

This is the most enjoyable time for our guests, dance, dance, and dance!!! We hired a band to sing in our wedding, so our guests could enjoy the dancing. There were tradition and popular music. Almost every guest danced!

It was our happiness to see our guests happy and enjoy their time.

My legs were so sore from standing the whole time, but I was still able to dance for one songJ

At 9:30pm was the time to kicked our guests out of the wedding (everyone loved to dance and didn’t want to go home. Pisit and I were very exhausted! We could not stand it anymore, so we had to stop the music and say goodbye to our guests :-)

There were about 700 people came to our wedding, 1 from Frence (Jerome, an IVEPer), 3 from Thailand (Oaum, an IVEPer and his girlfriend and her mom), at least 4 from the States, and lots of Cambodians and foreigners who live in Cambodia.

I had to ware one dress for each ceremony, and for the evening reception, I had to change 5 times. By the end of the day, I wore 10 dresses totally.

There was a wedding gift that we received was a coupon to spend a night at a hotel for our honeymoon. So we didn’t spend our first night at home like many of Cambodians do.

We could not go for our honeymoon in Thailand the day after the wedding, because there was no ticket to go to Thailand at that day. So we had to wait until Wednesday. We flew to Bangkok and then took a bus to go to a place about 4 hours from Bangkok, then took another 30 minutes boat to an island. We spent 4 days and 3 nights on that island for our honeymoon. Then another 4 days and 4 nights in Bangkok just shop and to hang out with our friends. We had a great time in Thailand!

I would like to thank God and all of you for the prayer and financial support to me and Pisit for our new marriage life. We do have enough for the wedding, honeymoon, and life after it. Thank you so much, and may God bless you much more than you bless us!

But please still keep us in your prayer that Pisit and I need to learn new things to be able to live together well and be a good Christian couple example to others.

I attached a couple photos with this email for you to understand what I looked in my wedding and how my wedding was like. These photos are not the best photos, but I’ll try to find the best one and send to you more.

Here is our website if you are interesting to see more photos: http://pisitnseiha.multiply.com. When we update new news about us in our website, we will send it to you again.

With lots of love from Pisit and Seiha Heng
-------------------------------------
Phanseiha Rath
Partner Advisor
MCC Cambodia "
Back to top Go down
Jérôme
User
Jérôme

PostSubject: Re: Seiha's and Pisit's Wedding / Cambodia   Seiha's and Pisit's Wedding / Cambodia EmptyTue 13 Feb - 15:17

I'll put the photos online tonight!
Back to top Go down
fady005
Trillingual
Trillingual
fady005

PostSubject: Re: Seiha's and Pisit's Wedding / Cambodia   Seiha's and Pisit's Wedding / Cambodia EmptyWed 14 Feb - 1:10

Merci Jérome ! C'est vraiment de grandes nouvelles et félicitation en core une fois Seiha et Pisit !! On pensera à vous dans nos prières...
--- Seiha's and Pisit's Wedding / Cambodia Love3
Thanks Jerome ! These are great news and congratulations again Seiha and Pisit !! We will think about you in our prayers...
Back to top Go down
Noëlito
Trillingual
Trillingual
Noëlito

PostSubject: Re: Seiha's and Pisit's Wedding / Cambodia   Seiha's and Pisit's Wedding / Cambodia EmptyWed 14 Feb - 8:59

Very nice !!! It seems so exciting. Now i am waiting for another wedding.
Back to top Go down
fady005
Trillingual
Trillingual
fady005

PostSubject: Re: Seiha's and Pisit's Wedding / Cambodia   Seiha's and Pisit's Wedding / Cambodia EmptyThu 15 Feb - 22:46

Lequel le tiens ?
--- Seiha's and Pisit's Wedding / Cambodia King
Wich one yours ?
Back to top Go down
Jérôme
User
Jérôme

PostSubject: Re: Seiha's and Pisit's Wedding / Cambodia   Seiha's and Pisit's Wedding / Cambodia EmptyFri 16 Feb - 13:54

Seiha's and Pisit's Wedding / Cambodia Imga0252320x200ai6

Seiha's and Pisit's Wedding / Cambodia Pisitsings320x200yh2

Seiha's and Pisit's Wedding / Cambodia Tiehands320x200nz4

Seiha's and Pisit's Wedding / Cambodia Fun320x200bo4

Seiha's and Pisit's Wedding / Cambodia Fruitparade2320x200or6

Seiha's and Pisit's Wedding / Cambodia Fruitparade320x200qw6

Seiha's and Pisit's Wedding / Cambodia Cuttinghair320x200fk5
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Seiha's and Pisit's Wedding / Cambodia   Seiha's and Pisit's Wedding / Cambodia Empty

Back to top Go down

Seiha's and Pisit's Wedding / Cambodia
Page 1 of 1